Data protection: Flip shares everything – except sensitive data
Your employee app brings together the convenience of private messengers and social networks with enterprise-level data protection and IT security. This combination of practicality and protection appeals to companies such as McDonald’s, Porsche and REWE.
An employee app that protects data? Of course!
Most employees use Flip on their personal smartphones. However, your company data is better protected with Flip than it is on noticeboards or in newsletters because the employee app lets you manage information in such a way that it is visible only to specific groups. Flip has been specially designed to be used on personal devices, so you can prevent your employees from downloading content from the app.
CDPC – commissioned data processing contract
- A commissioned data processing contract governs how we process your data. We would be happy to provide a template CDPC to you.
- Our data processors have, in turn, concluded a commissioned data processing contract with us. This ensures that we can protect your data to the greatest possible extent.
- We will support you with requests for information, or the correction or deletion of personal data under the requirements of GDPR.
TOMs – technical and organisational measures
- We regularly review our technical and organisational measures and adapt these in line with the state of the art.
- In order to ensure the security of information at the workplace, we assess risks on an ongoing basis and optimise our protective measures, which include two-factor authentication, firewalls, virus protection and the encryption of data storage devices
- We would be happy to provide you with details of our technical and organisational measures.
We love transparent communication – not transparent users
Less data means more trust
Flip does not access private smartphone data, such as private contacts or media. Flip requires a minimal amount of personal data. The data that is required to use Flip is the user’s first name and surname, user ID (e.g., staff number or email address) and role (admin or user). A user may choose to give optional data, such as an email for resetting their password, their region, their company location, the name of their department, their job title and their telephone number.
Open communication, encrypted transfer
Flip processes and stores your data in an ISO 27001-certified data centre in Germany that fulfils the requirements of the C5 standard. Data that is transmitted between end devices and the data centre is encrypted in line with the state of the art: TLS 1.3, RSA 2048 Bits/SHA256 with RSA, HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS). In other words: We have independent third parties regularly audit the security of our platform.
At a glance
Data protection and IT security checklist
Having technical and organisational measures in place to protect data is a must.
All of Flip’s processors process data in compliance with GDPR.
There is a customisable template for commissioned data processing.
The app does not access any private smartphone data, such as the user’s contacts.
No ‘Always on’ feature
Users can choose to silence the app when they finish work, at the weekend and when on holiday.
Hosted in Europe
The app is hosted in an ISO 27001-certified data centre that fulfils the requirements of the C5 standard.
Data that is transmitted between end devices and the data centre is encrypted.
Independent third parties regularly assess the security of our platform.
Works council compliant
The employee app was developed in cooperation with works councils
Find out for yourself
Do you have questions about data protection and IT security? We will be happy to answer them, and we are sure that you will be as reassured as REWE, MAHLE, McDonald’s, Porsche and EDEKA were when we answered their questions. Our experts will be happy to support you with coordinating with your IT team, works council and legal department.